Monday, April 15, 2013

Passion Project Progress

Mwahahahahaha (laugh of Henry the Eighth)

As you know, for my Passion Project I am studying History (Tudors) to make a Horrible Histories type of book. The research is coming along, but boy, are those guys evil! And I thought I knew just how cruel and spoilt Henry the Eighth was. If you'll believe it, he had his own whipping boy when he was a kid, who got punished every time Henry did something wrong! Unfair or what? I also learnt that the Tudors were dirty old weasels. Henry's daughter Elizabeth the First had a bath once every three months, and people thought she was some kind of hygiene freak! I'm learning lots about the Tudor family tree. One of the things is that our current Queen, Elizabeth the Second, is actually RELATED to dear old Henry! The lines are vague, but yes, they are distantly related. I looked it up and found a Yahoo answer (don't worry, I cross-referenced) that told me exactly how they were related. I would put  the answer on here, but it's really confusing. Basically, Elizabeth, Henry's daughter, was succeeded by her cousin James the First, who was also related to Henry. His granddaughter Sophia married into the Hanover line (the current English line are descendants of Hanovers) and produced George the First. Charles the Second, James the First's grandson, had no children so next in line was his brother then he had kids and blah-de-blah and so on, and then Parliament took it all back to James the First, hence George the First, and then along came Elizabeth the Second. 
Told you it was confusing! 
And now I'm thinking of altering what I'm doing a little. Instead of making a book like Horrible Histories, I'm going to write a historical fiction story, like the My Story series. All this research is still crucial, as it's important to know as much as possible about the period of time you're writing historical fiction about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment