Monday, August 19, 2013

Stalking!

Haha, I'm going to crack up laughing when I get home because my mum is going to ask me, "Hi honey, what did you do today?" and I'm going to reply, "I learnt how to stalk people!" 
No, I'm kidding, we're not actually stalking people - we're people-watching and writing down lots of details about them. There IS a difference, you know!

So... a pleasant Monday afternoon with a hint of Spring found one fabulous school teacher and five rowdy children walking around town stalking people. (You know what I mean!). We went ALL over the place - up and down busy streets, up and down quiet streets, sitting on walls and even into the Library, because lets face it, you see some pretty - err - interesting people hanging around libraries. 

So as we were walking around in a pack with our little notebooks and pens, somehow a story involving murder unfolded in my mind. Little disconnected ideas were jotted down on my notebook, and soon they came beautifully linked together in a story about a creepy man with his eyes hidden sending murder letters, signing them, "Rest in peace - Murphy" to a seventeen-year-old girl called Mallory who naturally gets all freaked out and starts to investigate. Turns out she should have just kept out of it because she gets pulled into a big irreversible mess, discovering horrifying secrets about her assassin Murphy along the way. The grand finale takes place on top of the water tower at night where Mallory (stupidly) confronts Murphy and ends up getting thrown off the top of the water tower. I haven't decided if she dies or not, by the way. Oh, and I forgot one more crucial little detail - the second before Murphy chucks a screaming Mallory off the water tower, he growls, "Rest in peace."
I haven't decided what I'm going to call the story yet - I'm torn between Rest in Peace and Mallory and Murphy. Some advice, s'il vous plait? 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment