Monday, March 4, 2013

ABC Drama

No, I am not talking about trying to teach a dramatic toddler the ABC, I'm talking about the game we played with the marvelous Nicola!

Hands up if you know the alphabet? Whoa, too many hands! Okay, let me try again. Hands up who doesn't know the alphabet?
...................................................................................................................................................................
Okay, so its pretty obvious that 98 percent of us know how the alphabet goes. So the following game should be easy, right? WRONG! 
Am I boring you? Because it feels a little like I'm boring you. Can you see a pattern? Ding dong, can't you see it already? Epic, nobody can see this pattern. Flobberworms, this is DEFINITELY boring. Gaaah, this is infuriating! 
To stop my head blowing up, I'll just tell you the pattern. Nice and simple.
Go back to the first letter of every sentence. This how they go: A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Strangely enough, there's the alphabet!
So do you know how the game works? Imagine a conversation between me and my dear old brother Noah.
Me: Alright, want to play chess?
Noah: Bah, no way.
Me: Come on, you used to love chess!
Noah: Duh, not anymore.
Me: in a silly French accent: Eet ees boring, just sitting here talking about it!
Noah: Flips. Let's do flips on the trampoline instead.
Me: Gah, alright.
Noah: Hooray!

Get the picture?
Nicola told us that some people can just do this as if they're having a completely normal conversation. She said its fun to watch. 
Go on, why not have a game with your friends? You only have ten seconds to think of a sentence. Once you're good at that, cut it down to five seconds. If you keep cutting it down, eventually you'll be pros!


1 comment:

  1. Izzie, I have linked Enrich to our class blogroll so that other students can read your posts. What you write is very informative and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete